Do you also want to find the auto-brightness feature in your iPhone? Do you want to turn it OFF or ON (it is turned on by default so in most cases you want to turn off auto brightness on your iPhone), if so then why? Let me know in the comments below.
Most of the time we want to turn it off because it irritates us by automatically increasing and decreasing the brightness or we are not able to adjust the brightness
However, sometimes we want to turn it on because the automation of the brightness makes life easy for us. The steps for how to turn on or off auto brightness on iPhone are below and thanks for listening to me.
How to Turn OFF Auto-Brightness on iPhone?
Go to the Settings App.
Find Accessibility and tap on it.
Inside Accessibility find Display & Text Size and tap on it.
Then scroll down until you find Auto-Brightness. Now you can turn on or off auto-brightness as desired.
Why Should You turn Auto-Brightness OFF?
You should turn the auto brightness feature off because:
- Auto-brightness will automatically increase the screen brightness whenever it senses light. That can be the reason of battery drain or quick loss of battery.
- You will not be able to adjust the brightness level as you want.
- You will not be able to save battery charge when you want to save it. In cases, like you have 30% battery life remaining and you want to extend the usual lifetime by decreasing the brightness.
- It can also irritate you by dimming and Brightening again and again.
What are the Benefits of Auto-Brightness?
Auto-Brightness indeed has some benefits that can boost your productivity. These benefits might not match the condition of few of you. What do you think is good about auto-brightness let me know in the comment section (not included in the list below).
- Your device will automatically adjust the brightness in a bright environment. For instance, in the noon time when you take your iPhone out and nothing on the screen is visible. At that time Auto-Brightness will adjust automatically.
- It can be a lot quicker than manually Adjusting the brightness.
- You do not need to follow the cruel and scary process of swiping down and adjusting the brightness with your innocent fingers.
What are the Drawbacks of Auto-Brightness?
The drawbacks of auto brightness are quite simple and I mentioned them in the Why Should You turn Auto-Brightness OFF? paragraph. So we will only have a short review, not a boring reading.
- It can be caused by quick battery loss.
- You can also be irritated.
- Control of the brightness adjustment is not in your hands.
- You will not be able to extend your battery life by decreasing the brightness. It will not allow you.
Does Auto-Brightness Affect your iPhone battery life?
If we think technically: Yes, it affects your battery life negatively. Because it increases the screen brightness and the bright screen will use a much larger amount the battery power which can result in battery dead. (Quicker than before)
Should I turn Auto-Brightness OFF or leave it ON?
The simple and easy answer is Yes, you should turn OFF the Auto-Brightness. Higher brightness uses more battery. So, reducing your brightness will reduce Battery consumption.
To sum up, let’s look at what we read today:
- How to Turn OFF Auto-Brightness on iPhone?
- Why should You turn Auto-Brightness OFF?
- What are the Benefits of Auto-Brightness?
- What are the Drawbacks of Auto-Brightness?
- Does Auto-Brightness Affect your iPhone battery life?
- Should I turn Auto-Brightness OFF or leave it ON?
If you have any questions you can ask in the comment section.
We always try to provide the best articles, and quality information and keep it up to date. Thank you!