Taking a scrolling screenshot on Mac is a great way to capture a full page or a large amount of content in a single image. It can be especially helpful when you need to take a screenshot of a long web page or article. Thankfully, taking scrolling screenshots on Mac is easier than ever. Here’s a quick guide on how to do it.
This article will show you how to use the built-in screenshot tool on macOS to take a scrolling screenshot on Mac. In addition, we will also suggest you some screenshot tools or third-party apps to do so.
How to Take a Scrolling Screenshot on Mac
- Go to the place where you want to take a scrolling screenshot.
- Press Shift + Command + 5 to activate the on-screen capture controls. From there you can expand the capture to take a full screenshot of the entire page.
In case this method does not work you can tap screen record after pressing the combination key of command, shift, and, 5.
How to take a Full Webpage Screenshot?
1. Go to the browser you are using. (In this case Safari)
2. While you are on the webpage you want to capture. Press Command + Option + i ( for windows Shift + control + i ). Developer tools will be opened. (Developer tools interface might differ from browser to browser)
3. Now with the Dev tools opened press Command + Option + p ( In windows Shift + Control + p ). You will now see a list of commands in the form of a search bar.
4. Type “screenshot” in the search bar of commands. select the full-size screenshot.
5. It will download the full-size screenshot in png format. ( quality is really great to try it )
What is a Scrolling Screenshot?
A Scrolling Screenshot, also known as a long screenshot or a full-page screenshot, is a capture of the entire content of a webpage or computer screen that is longer than the visible area and requires scrolling to view the entire image.
This type of screenshot is useful for capturing an entire page of content without having to stitch multiple screenshots together. Some OS and applications have built-in tools to capture scrolling screenshots, while others may require third-party software or browser extensions.
Why Should You Take Scrolling Screenshots?
You may take scrolling screenshots for a variety of reasons, including:
1. Documenting long webpage or lists of information:
This can be useful for capturing important information or data that would otherwise require several separate screenshots.
2. Sharing the entire content of a webpage:
A scrolling screenshot can help you share the entire content of a webpage with someone else, without having to share a link.
3. Presenting Design work:
If you are a designer, a scrolling screenshot can be useful for presenting the entire design of a webpage of a website or app to a client.
4. Troubleshooting issues:
If you need to report a bug or issue with a website or software, a scrolling screenshot can help provide more context and show the entire content of the page.
5. Recording proof of something:
In some cases, you need to provide some evidence of something that is visible on a webpage or computer screen. A scrolling screenshot can save as proof of the content that was displayed.
To wrap things up, This article showed you how to take scrolling screenshots on mac. I am sure that you have got the steps and good to go.
If in case this method still does not work for you (I am sure it will), comment your issue.